1. What is your favorite ESA moment/memory?
When I was new to the company, Gary Oates, ESA’s former CEO, attended the LA office’s Christmas party and played pool with everyone. I was surprised (happily) to see him there taking time to get to know all of the employees. It gave me a good sense of ESA’s corporate culture.
2. What does it mean to you to be part of an employee owned company?
It means that I have a vested interest in the success of the company and I benefit directly from the hard work I put in, which helps motivate me during those more trying times.
3. What is the first thing you will do when you retire?
Move to St. Augustine, FL and volunteer with the local archaeological society, so I can keep my hands dirty and my mind active.
4. What two celebrities would you like to have as parents?
Mark Twain and Katharine Hepburn.
5. Share a personal fact no one would ever guess about you.
I still have four baby teeth.
6. What is the greatest bit of advice a parent or mentor has given you?
Say three positives before you say a negative. It’s not always easy to follow in the moment, but I try to keep this in mind in my daily life. I feel like people (myself included) are more accepting of negative feedback when prefaced with all the good things we did first.