1. What is your favorite ESA moment?
That would have to be the day the company hired the graphic designer Julie Bayer, a totally amazing person who later became my wife.
2. What is the first thing you will do when you retire?
If I am not in a wheelchair yet, I’d love to explore and conquer some the classic cols in the French Pyrenees by bicycle. Like this! http://thecolcollective.com/cycling-tours/tour/grand-cols
3. If you had one free hour each day, how would you use it?
I would walk or hike or bike or ski – anything outside rain or shine.
Ilon busy blackberry surfing on the shores of Forbes Lake for the Trail and Park Improvements Project in Kirkland, WA.
4. If you had a warning label, what would yours say?
Beware, the brain in this person retains useless facts and details, but forgets the details of Oscar-winning movies, championship sporting events, and meaningful experiences with friends.
5. What is the greatest bit of advice a parent or mentor has given you?
In my senior year of high school, I ran for ASB vice president. There was one other contender in the race and I felt conflicted about how to vote. I told my Grandma Gen this and she asked me if I wanted to win. I said, “Yes I did,” to which she looked at me confused and asked why then I wouldn’t vote for myself.
Biological Resources Director